In light of some recent events we wanted to provide you with some tips on how to protect yourself and your personal property.
Below you will find some suggestions and tips to can help you from becoming a victim of a crime.
I. According to the FBI a Burglary occurs somewhere in the United States every 15.4 seconds.
II. In the U.S. 70% of all burglaries involve some form of forced entry. In Highland and Alpine this is much lower.
III. Most burglaries occur between 9am and 3pm, when people are most likely to be gone.
IV. The majority of burglaries we deal with are crimes of opportunity
Below are some actions and suggestions that you can take to help reduce your risk.
1) Keep garage doors closed and locked.
2) Keep your yard and home well lighted.
3) Have and use good quality door & window locks.
4) Keep brushed and shrubs trimmed and from giving thieves cover and concealment at windows and doors.
5) Keep Tools and toys locked up and out of sight.
6) Be careful where you keep yours spare key.
7) Lock up out buildings and tools that can be used by thieves.
8) Alarm Systems (Have pros and cons.)
9) Video and Surveillance Systems
10) Get to know your neighbors.
11) Keep your valuables locked up - Safes.
12) Peepholes on front and back doors.