CLOSE DATE: August 16, 2019
Position Title: Police Officer/Patrol Officer
Summary of overall purpose/goal of position:
* Work at the direction of Sergeant’s, Lieutenant and the Chief of Police.
* Responds promptly and professionally to calls for service from the communities of Highland & Alpine.
* Maintains a high standard of professionalism.
* Performs traffic enforcement while patrolling to insure the safety of the city streets.
* Interacts with the community in a positive manner to foster good will and community confidence.
* Testify in court to present verbal and physical evidence regarding traffic and criminal prosecutions.
* When called upon by the police administration, make public presentations to the community.
* Be available by phone, cell phone to call-outs for special assignments or critical incidents.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. A degree from an accredited college is preferred.
Knowledge: Knowledge of state and federal Law, traffic codes, city ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures. Entry level knowledge of police methods, practices and procedures, or have the ability to acquire and apply the knowledge.
SKILLS: Communication in both written and oral format. Skills as taught at POST, the field training program in the on-going department training.
* Submit a completed Lone Peak Police Department Job Application.
* Submit a resume with cover letter.
* Submit a copy of your POST LEO certification or SFO certification if you will be obtaining your LEO certification within 30 days of hire.
* Include a copy of your valid Driver’s License.
* Include proof of valid high school graduate or completion of GED.
* Post LEO certifiable within 30 days of hire.
* Be at least 21 years of age
Prior to a final job offer, the successful candidate will be asked to participate in a drug screen, and may participate in a mental health screening and truth verification examination. The candidate will also have an extensive background check. This would include a review of financial/credit history, criminal history and character. The successful candidate will have no criminal convictions for drug use, domestic violence, moral turpitude, or violent acts, and no bankruptcy filings with the last five years.
Hourly Salary Range: $21.90 hr to $23.50 hr. New police officers start at the lower end of the pay range. Lateral officers starting salary depends on experience.
Testing Criteria: Applicants who qualify will be notified via e-mail.
Apply: By 1200 hrs on Friday, August 16, 2019 at the Lone Peak Police Department, 5400 West Civic Center Drive. #3, Highland, Utah, 84003 or Fax: (801)763-1850. An application can be found on line at http://www.lonepeakpolice.com/Employment.php.